Taylor: CUSTOM ADI/WAL(Item ID: CUSTOM ADI/WAL Serial#: 1106174160)
Grand Symphony Cutaway with Adirondack Spruce and AA Walnut
We have had many custom Taylor guitars made for us over the last twenty years, and we have learned much in the process about wood combinations for different body sizes that will not only produce sound with exceptional tonal properties, but will be exceptional in appearance as well.
Recently, we had the unique opportunity to travel to Taylor Guitars to collaborate directly with Andy Powers on the selection of some premium woods and unique features for a group of custom Taylor guitars we had in mind for our shop. It was a special privilege and great pleasure to spend a working day with Andy and have the benefit of his professional experience and his intimate knowledge of Taylor guitars, and we greatly appreciated his enthusiasm for the project. His advice and assistance in this plan to create some really exceptional Taylor guitars was welcome indeed.
This Grand Symphony is one of six very special custom instruments that have been made with tonewoods hand selected by us along with Andy Powers. Naturally, our first priority was to select woods that would produce the best sound, but, as the images below show, these guitars are definitely good looking to boot.
- Premium Adirondack spruce top with Adirondack CV bracing.
- AA walnut back and sides with Indian rosewood mini wedge.
- Matching glossed walnut peghead veneer.
- Venetian cutaway.
- Indian rosewood binding (body, headstock, and fingerboard).
- Mini Mother-of-Pearl diamond fingerboard inlays.
- Early 900 Series headstock inlay.
- Taylor Mother-of-Pearl headstock logo.
- Abalone 600/800 Series single-ring rosette.
- Chrome Gotoh 510 tuning machines.
- Bone nut and saddle.
- 1 3/4" nut width; 25 1/2" scale.
This guitar includes a deluxe Taylor archtop hardshell case.
Click below to popup a larger image