Used Electric Guitars
Fender: ROSEWOOD TELE(Item ID: ROSEWOOD TELE Serial#: CZ529223)
2016 Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition Rosewood Telecaster
This gorgeous Custom Shop Rosewood Telecaster just arrived in our store recently, having come from the collection of one of our long standing customers. For those unfamiliar, the rosewood telecaster of the late 60’s is a pretty rare bird indeed. While the rosewood construction definitely adds to the weight of these guitars (some of the original models were quite hefty indeed at nearly 10 lbs or more), the experience of playing a satin-finished rosewood neck is truly a delight. One is immediately struck by the warm, played-in feel, as well as the overall uninhibited smoothness of the neck—in short, it is comfortable and fast. This particular guitar is in fantastic condition; and, like all guitars we sell, it has been professionally adjusted to play its best! The original hard case and all accessories (save the cable) are included, and are in likewise outstanding/unused condition.
Fender built several instruments in the late ’60s made completely of hand-selected rosewood. These were in production only very briefly and are now highly collectable on the vintage market. Jimi Hendrix reportedly had one of the first Rosewood Stratocaster® guitars, and George Harrison of the Beatles used one of the original Rosewood Telecaster guitars on Let It Be and for the famous Apple Records rooftop concert in January 1969.
The Closet Classic Rosewood Telecaster is once again offered as a Limited Edition for 2013 and is a meticulously crafted replica of one of the most sought after guitars in Fender history. Features include a rosewood body, rosewood neck with early-’60s “oval C”-shaped profile and no skunk stripe or plug, rosewood fingerboard with 9.5” radius and 6105 frets, vintage-style hardware, Twisted Tele® pickups with modern wiring, and satin urethane Closet Classic finish. Each guitar comes with a Limited Edition case, decal, neck plate and certificate of authenticity.
Each Custom Shop Limited Edition instrument is only available for a short time, which makes it eminently collectible and adds to its investment value. Crafted with many features reserved only for certain artists and master built instruments, they are just what the name says they are: highly anticipated limited-edition models that go very quickly.
• Rosewood Body with Maple Side Strip
• Satin Urethane Finish
• Early '60s Oval C Shape Rosewood Neck
• Rosewood Fingerboard with 9.5” Radius
• 25.5" Scale Length
• Standard Truss Rod (at Body Joint)
• 21 Narrow Jumbo Frets (6105)
• MOP Dot Fingerboard Inlays
• 1.675" (42.5mm) Nut Width
• Twisted Tele Single Coil Pickups
• Greasebucket Tone Circuit (Master Volume/Tone, 3-Way Switch)
• Chrome Vintage F Stamped Tuning Machines
• 8.45 lbs
• G&G Custom Shop Hardshell Case with Embroidered Logo
• Included Accessories: “Ashtray” Bridge Cover, Custom Shop Strap & Polish Cloth, Fender Picks, Certificate of Authenticity, Custom Care Packet, Custom Shop Sticker, Case Keys, (Cable absent!) (used)
Click below to popup a larger image