Used Electric Guitars
Gretsch: 6120(Item ID: 6120)
Sorry, this item is not currently in stock1964 Gretsch 6120 "Chet Atkins" 15 1/2" Double Cutaway Semi-Hollow Body in Orange with Two Filter'Tron Humbuckers and Bigsby B6 Vibrato Tailpiece
Just in. Review to follow soon. Meanwhile:
Jay Scott, The Guitars of the Fred Gretsch Company:
"In 1962 a profound change occurred in the Model 6120 Chet Atkin: the company introduced its Electrontone hollowbody design, a two-inch-deep, 15 1/2 inch-wide (not 16" as the catalog noted) double cutaway body with replica, not real, f-holes painted on the guitar. So, the Model had been converted from a true f-hole, single cutaway, hollow guitar to a simulated f-hole, double cutaway, semi-hollow instrument."
Features and Specs:
• Body - 15 1/2" Double-bound laminated maple with painted f-holes.
• Finish - Orange
• Neck - 3-piece maple/ebony/maple with medium profile.
• Fingerboard - Ebony with 22 frets plus zero fret.
• Position Markers - Neo-classic Pearl thumbprint inlays.
• Scale length - 24 1/2"
• Nut Width - 1 11/16"
• Headplate - Brown mahogany-stained with inlaid Pearl Gretsch "T-roof" logo and pearloid plastic Horseshoe inlay.
• Pickups - Two Filter'Tron Humbuckers
• Pickguard - Gold Lucite with Gretsch "T-roof" logo and "Chet Atkins" signature in black.
• Controls - Three Volume and three 3-way selectors plus
one string damper control.
• Control Knobs - Gretsch "Arrow-through-G" knobs with cross-hatch pattern.
• Bridge - Aluminum Bigsby bar bridge.
• Tailpiece - B-6 “V” Bigsby ("Gretsch by Bigsby") vibrato tailpiece with pivoting arm.
• Smooth leather back pad.
This guitar includes its original double arch hardshell case. (used)
Sorry, this item is not currently in stock
Click below to popup a larger image