Used Acoustic Guitars
Martin, C.F.: CS D-18GESB(Item ID: CS D-18GESB Serial#: 1583707)
2012 Custom Shop Golden Era Dreadnought with Sinker Mahogany and Adirondack Spruce with 1934 Replica Sunburst Finish
This guitar is from a limited run of 20 instruments made for Guitar Center. In addition to the 300 year old "Sinker" mahogany used for the back and sides, this guitar's other custom features include a gloss 1935 Replica sunburst top finish, a mammoth ivory nut and 16" radius mammoth ivory long saddle, a Delmar faux tortoise pickguard, and open nickel Waverly tuning machines.
Other features from the Martin Custom Shop Spec sheet:
• Top - Adirondack Spruce
• Top Braces - 5/16" Adirondack Spruce/Scalloped/Golden Era DOMLE #3a Pattern
• Bridgeplate - Maple
• Sides - Sinker Mahogany with Cloth Strips and Spanish Cedar Ribbons
• Neck - Genuine Mahogany with Modified V Shape and Black Ebony Heel Cap
• Headplate - Brazilian Rosewood with Golden Era Decal
• Fingerboard - Black Ebony with 16" Radius and 25.4" Scale
• Fingerboard Inlay - Old Style 18 (Abalone)
• Side Dots - Grained Ivoroid
• Nut Width - 1 3/4"
• Bridge - 1930 Style Belly-Long Saddle - Black Ebony
• Saddle String Spacing - 2 5/16"
This 2012 Custom Shop D-18GESB is in excellent condition and it plays great. And, as one might anticipate, it produces a sound that captures the characteristic qualities for which the pre-war "Golden Era" Martin dreadnought guitar's are prized - generous, earthy, bold, full-bodied, and direct.
This guitar includes a deluxe TKL archtop hardshell case. (used)
Click below to popup a larger image