Carr: USED IMPALA(Item ID: USED IMPALA)
Sorry, this item is not currently in stock44 Watt Combo Amp with 1x12 Elsinore Speaker and Custom "Fawn Slub" Covering Trimed in "Gator" Leatherette
From the Carr website:
"The Impala is one of those very rare amps that can do it all. Taking inspiration from a central 1960s workhorse, The Blackface Bassman, we harnessed the guttural, clean vibe then expanded this stalwart with all Tube Reverb, a super usable Master Volume, and the "Carr" voice. The control panel is deceptively simple with its ultra wide range Volume control the star. The Master Volume allows you to dial in the right amount of power tube thickness and overall loudness. From sweet glassy clean tones to pushed, in your face, American overdrive – you will find it here. At lower settings the Impala stays in the 60s American clean voice while taking the volume past 3 o’clock brings in heightened pre amp toothy overdrive. The result is a new amplifier, full of life and determination – The Impala."
– Volume - Adjusts the loudness and drive of the amplifier. The Impala has an extended range volume control and you will find you can sweep from sweet and clean to very distorted.
– Treble - Varies the top end from dark to bright.
– Mid - Varies the midrange frequencies and is very interactive with the Treble control. For a 60s American tone, set the Mid to the ‘68’. The tone becomes more aggressive as you advance the Mid past 1 o’clock. When the Mid is set near full, the Treble control’s effect is more subtle.
– Bass - Varies the low end from lean to full. To retain clarity, turn the Bass down at higher volumes.
– Reverb - Controls the amount of reverb sound from none to deep and lush. The Impala uses an audio taper pot for reverb. The effect is very subtle till you hit 12 o’clock on the dial allowing great control over the amount of reverb.
– Master - The interface between the pre amp and the power amp on the Impala. For the cleanest sound, set the Master to Full and set the Volume control low. For thicker clean tones, set the Master to 11 o’clock and the Volume to 12 o’clock. For overdriven tones, set the Volume to 3 o’clock or higher and set the Master to the desired listening level. Higher Master settings will bring in more output section overdrive when the Volume is set high.
– Standby - Set the amp to Standby (switch baton down) before turning on the power switch (see On-Off-On below). After 1 minute of warm up, switch the Standby baton up. The amp is ready to be played. Using the Standby switch every time the amp is turned on will prolong tube life. Note: the Impala uses a very large pre amp power supply capacitor – it will take about 45 seconds for the pre amp to come up to full volume once Standby is in Play.
– On/Off/On – Selects between two ON positions and the OFF position (middle). The two ON’s are wired in opposite phase of each other. If you receive a shock from another piece of equipment (a microphone or another amp) that is not properly grounded, or if you hear static, switching to the opposite ON may solve the problem. This is sometimes called “switching polarity”.
• 6L6 Class AB - Punch
• 44 Clean Watts - Max 55 Watts - Power
• All Tube Reverb - Lush
• Wide Range Volume Control- Sweet/Nasty
• Slow Taper Reverb Pot - Smooth
• Super Usable Master Volume - Control
• Floating '60s Style Baffle - Dimension
• Truly Hand Wired - Tough
• Carr Elsinore Speaker - Dynamic
• Custom Transformers - USA
Steve Carr - inside view: www.youtube.com .
Erick Walls video demo: www.youtube.com .
The amplifier is in superb condition. As such, it looks and plays like new.
This amplifier includes a custom cover. (used)
Sorry, this item is not currently in stock
Click below to popup a larger image