Used 12 String Guitars
Martin, C.F.: GRJ12-16GTE(Item ID: GRJ12-16GTE Serial#: 1724040)
2014 Grand Jumbo 12-String with D-TAR Pickup System
Martin has been making excellent 12-string guitars for decades and this Grand Jumbo model is another great example of keeping this tradition alive. It’s voice is full and voluptuous but with a surprising amount of focus. Martin’s trademark “earthy” voice is still there in spades but with added body and shimmer that can only come from a 12-string. It’s jumbo body provides all the projection that you needed from its acoustic voice and the D-TAR pickup system supplies an accurate plugged-in reproduction of that sound for the stage and studio.
This guitar was extremely well kept by its previous owner with no notable cosmetic damage or play wear outside of some pick scratches on the pickguard. We would rate this guitar as EXCELLENT+ condition.
Features and Specs:
• Body Size - Grand Jumbo 14-Fret
• Top - Solid Sitka Spruce with Gloss Finish
• Bracing - Non Scalloped X with Progressively Scalloped Tone Bars
• Back and Sides - Solid Light Red Mahogany with Satin Finish and Black Binding
• Neck - Select Hardwood with Satin Finish
• Fingerboard - FSC® Certified Richlite with MOP Inlay
• Scale - 25.4"
• Nut/Width - White Corian/1 13/16"
• Bridge - Belly Style Richlite with 2 5/16" String Spacing
• Saddle - Compensated White Tusq with 16" Radius
• Bridge Pins - White Plastic with Black Dot
• Pickguard - Faux Tortoise
• Rosette - Bold Herringbone with Multi-Stripe
• Tuning Machines - Chrome Enclosed Gear
• Electronics - D-TAR Wave-Length Multi-Source
"D-TAR is a sister company of Seymour Duncan, and consist of partners Rick Turner, co-founder of and luthier to the stars, and Seymour Duncan, the electric pickup maker. D-TAR stands for Duncan-Turner Acoustic Research and focuses on acoustic guitar products like pickups and preamps. The D-TAR Wave-Length combines a thin, piezo under-saddle transducer with an 18v, low-noise, high input impedance preamp, to create a pickup system with twice the dynamic range of typical 9v systems. The 18v preamp is powered by two AA batteries. With 18 volts, your signal has more headroom, so hard strumming won't distort as easily. The Wave-Length preamp also has an input for a second source, like a magnetic pickup or a soundboard transducer.
Two adjustable trim pots, one low frequency shelving and one high frequency shelving, allow you to fine tune and set and forget the bass and treble frequencies to optimize the Wave-Length pickup and preamp for your instrument's size and shape thus enabling you to transparently amplify the natural timbre of your acoustic guitar with minimal coloration."
This guitar includes a deluxe TKL archtop hardshell case. (used) (used)
Click below to popup a larger image